Life in Charles
Charles County is one of the fastest growing communities in the state of Maryland. Since 2000, the County's population has grown more than 22 percent. Close to Washington DC, but a world away, Charles County is known for its rich history, scenic outdoors, panoramic waterfront views, great dining, excellent schools, and lower cost of living relative to the rest of the region. It has become an attractive place for young professionals and families looking for a vibrant community with many quality of life amenities and easy access to the surrounding major cities.
Other Fun Facts About Life in Charles
- Waldorf, Charles County, was ranked in 2012 CNNMoney's "Best Places to Live"
- Charles County is only 30 minutes from Washington, DC
- It is 25 minutes from the National Harbor
- Ranked in the top 11 highest-income counties in the nation
- Home to one of the best master planned communities in the country
Views from Charles
For our latest edition of “Looking Local,” we spoke to Richard Fray, co-founder of Dat Jerk Caribbean Chargrill, located in Waldorf.
Find A Property
“We are proud to be a key part of Charles County’s future and we heartily encourage other, cutting-edge companies to join us.”
Chief Executive Officer
Competitive Power Ventures
“Charles County’s strategic location in the DC Metro region affords us networking and business opportunities with some of the top names in our industry."
Director of Business Development