Relationships are key to doing business. These networking groups provide Charles County business owners, operators, and professionals with B2B support, idea exchanges, referrals, business advocacy, and networking opportunities.
CCEDD Quarterly Business Roundtable
- Network with the local business community.
- Learn more about the economic development landscape of Charles County.
- Ask questions and get answers.
- Quarterly meetings.
CCCC The Charles County Chamber of Commerce
- Supports and promotes business activity in Charles County.
- Advocacy: Legislative Committee and weekly Legislative Alert publication.
- Monthly networking events: breakfast, noon, and evening mixers as well as special events and business expos.
- Training and education workshops and seminars throughout the year.
- Year round advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Member-to-member discount program.
BNI Southern MD Chapter Business Network International
- A structured, supportive networking system for member businesses.
- Develop personal relationships with other qualified business professionals.
- Only one person per professional classification or specialty may join a chapter.
- Weekly meetings (Potential members may visit each chapter twice before joining.)
CBA Catholic Business Association of Charles County
- Fellowship of Catholic business owners and professional men and women.
- Focus on applying principles of the Catholic faith in the marketplace.
- Monthly Meetings.
CCTC Charles County Technology Council
- Alliance of businesses and individuals dedicated to the advancement of technology and ideas in Charles County.
- Monthly business networking events and seminars.
- Public policy advocacy.
- Technology Excellence Scholarship program.
- Co-sponsorship of events such as the Leading Edge Awards, Charles County Economic Summit, and Indian Head Tech Transfer Forum.
IHBA The Indian Head Business Association
- Indian Head business owners meet to discuss Town issues that affect businesses and the community.
LPBA La Plata Business Association
- Business owners and managers advocate for business development in the Town of La Plata.
- Address regulatory issues.
- Plan events to bring more customers into the Town.
- Share ideas and pool resources for marketing and promotion.
- Monthly meetings.
NAPW The National Association of Professional Women, Waldorf Chapter
- Forum for members to connect with like-minded professional women.
- Develop innovative business and social relationships.
- Resources and benefits necessary to foster professional and personal success.
NPI Nonprofit Institute at CSM
- Supports and promotes nonprofit organizations.
- Monthly roundtable discussions for executive directors provide a congenial setting for exchange of ideas, referrals, partnership discussions and networking.
- Training courses covering key areas of nonprofit leadership, management, strategic planning, fundraising and board development.
- Quarterly networking social gatherings.
- Annual conference featuring workshops and a themed panel discussion.
SMBCC Southern Maryland Black Chamber of Commerce
- Grow your business network.
- Support the advancement of Black business in Southern Maryland.
SMBN The Southern Maryland Business Network
- Business professionals organized for the purpose of developing business relationships and exchanging quality business referrals.
- Independent, non-profit, self-directed organization.
- Networking opportunities are promoted through direct contact, Chamber of Commerce events, marketing materials, press releases, community calendar and a web site.
- Weekly meetings.
WCCBA The Western Charles County Business Association
- A forum for business owners and residents to discuss issues that affect western Charles County.
- Monthly dinner meetings provide great networking opportunities.
- Leaders and elected officials present county issues and provide question and answer times.
YPCC Young Professionals of Charles County
- Young professionals work to enhance the abilities and talents of its members.
- Aids in both professional and personal success.
- Leadership development activities.
- Networking and educational sessions.
- Members required to have a passion for business and improving personal abilities.
Views from Charles
As one of the fastest growing counties in the state of Maryland, Charles County is well-positioned to develop its retail industry to accommodate this growing population. We share four reasons why retailers choose Charles County.
Find A Property
Charles County EDD
10665 Stanhaven Place
White Plains, MD 20695
“We are proud to be a key part of Charles County’s future and we heartily encourage other, cutting-edge companies to join us.”
Chief Executive Officer
Competitive Power Ventures
“Charles County’s strategic location in the DC Metro region affords us networking and business opportunities with some of the top names in our industry."
Director of Business Development