Charles County Economic Development Department helps companies access specialized resources throughout the startup, location, and expansion process. Our toolkit includes:
The Charles County may expedite projects to quicken the development approval
process. To qualify, the project must be a commercial, industrial, or mixed-use project that has EITHER:
- Minimum job creation requirements OR
- Minimum capital investment requirements
- Job creation criteria: The project must create a minimum of 10 full-time jobs AND the minimum average annual salary of 10 full-time jobs must be greater than the most recent annual Charles County median wage.
- Minimum capital investment criteria: The projected amount of capital expenditure of the project must be at least $1,000,000.00. Download an application.
Workforce Training and Retraining
The County may provide workforce training assistance, depending on the scope and criteria of the project:
- Customized Training Jobs Investment: Cash reimbursement for employee retraining at new and existing companies. Eligibility typically requires a minimum number of new jobs and investment.
- Small Businesses and New Jobs Retraining: Jobs integrating new technology may also be available for workforce training support.
Visit our Workforce Training page to explore available opportunities.
Find A Property
“Charles County is a great central location for us to have access to all of our customers. We do business with NSWC Carderock, Naval Research Laboratory, NAWCAD Patuxent River, NSWC Dahlgren, and Indian Head Naval Support Facility, to name a few.”
Director of Operations
Chief Executive Officer
Competitive Power Ventures
“Charles County is where we started our company and where we grew and expanded. We now operate our managed print and managed IT solutions in five states and provide custom apps all around the globe. Our headquarters is still in Charles County, an excellent place to conduct business and recruit highly skilled individuals for our ever growing team!"
Executive Director of Provider Engagement and Community Relations
Righttime Medical Care
“Charles County is a great place for businesses to start, grow, and thrive! We've worked with over 100 businesses since we opened our doors in Charles County, and I've witnessed the majority of these businesses achieve all three.”
Darlene M. Breck
Southern Maryland Business Center
“Charles County is a great place to do business because of the passion of the business community and the residents who strive to make it the best that it can be."
Andrew W. Welburn
The Welburn Organization