Charles County Online Sales & Telework Grant Program
Your Charles County business could get up to $5,000 to help pay the cost to expand online sales or teleworking capabilities for employees due to the continued financial impacts from COVID-19.
Any Charles County-based business in any industry may apply, provided you meet these requirements:
- Business must have been established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Business must currently be in operation.
- Business must have a physical operating location within Charles County.
- Business must be registered and in good standing with Maryland SDAT and with Charles County.
- Business may not have more than 20 total employees (including part-time employees), excluding the owner.
- Business must be current on all taxes owed to Charles County and/or the State of Maryland.
- Business must be a for-profit establishment.
Grants can be made to reimburse previous expenses (within the guidelines) or for new expenses for these uses:
- Expenses related to expansion of e-commerce to support online sales framework
- Website upgrade to include, expand, or facilitate online sales
- New website development for the purpose of online sales
- Purchase of laptops or other devices for remote work capabilities
- Hardware & software upgrade and subscriptions related to the above
Expenses covered under this program must be incurred after March 9, 2020 and must not have been previously reimbursed in other federal, state, or county grant programs.
Applicants that have not received a COVID-19 Business Relief Grant or Loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce or a grant from the Maryland Department of Labor will receive priority consideration
- Fully completed grant application
- Completed and signed IRS Form W-9
- Proof of good standing from the State of Maryland (SDAT). To obtain an uncertified copy, visit: https://dat.maryland.gov/businesses/Pages/Internet-Certificate-of-Status.aspx and perform a “Business Entity Search”.
- Most recent payroll summary report showing number of employees
- Submit copies of paid invoices for reimbursement (i.e., purchase order, bill of sale, receipts, cancelled checks, credit card statement, etc.)
- Purchase order, contracts, etc. (For new purchases)
- Resolution and Authority to Borrow, Lease, Pledge Assets and Collateral & Guarantee (provided with the application)
- Articles of Incorporation (if a corporation)/Articles of Organization (if an LLC)
- Bylaws and/ or Operating agreement (for corporation or LLC)
- Operating Agreement (Limited Liability Companies)
- Partnership Agreement (if applicable)
Click here to request a grant application. The applications deadline is Friday, November 1. For additional questions, contact Chief of Business Development Lucretia Freeman-Buster at BusterL@MeetCharlesCounty.com.