Charles County Economic Development Department helps companies access specialized resources throughout the startup, location, and expansion process. Our toolkit includes:
The Charles County may expedite projects to quicken the development approval
process. To qualify, the project must be a commercial, industrial, or mixed-use project that has EITHER:
- Minimum job creation requirements OR
- Minimum capital investment requirements
- Job creation criteria: The project must create a minimum of 10 full-time jobs AND the minimum average annual salary of 10 full-time jobs must be greater than the most recent annual Charles County median wage.
- Minimum capital investment criteria: The projected amount of capital expenditure of the project must be at least $1,000,000.00. Download an application.
Workforce Training and Retraining
The County may provide workforce training assistance, depending on the scope and criteria of the project:
- Customized Training Jobs Investment: Cash reimbursement for employee retraining at new and existing companies. Eligibility typically requires a minimum number of new jobs and investment.
- Small Businesses and New Jobs Retraining: Jobs integrating new technology may also be available for workforce training support.
Visit our Workforce Training page to explore available opportunities.