Business Growth Advantage Program (BGAP)
Learn how to grow your business to the next level. Apply to the Business Growth Advantage Program.
A new BGAP cohort starts May 19; current applications received will be for the next cohort.
When your business is ready for growth, BGAP gives business owners the tools and strategies to achieve business goals. BGAP training was developed by the Charles County Economic Development Department to meet the needs of growing businesses in Charles County, Maryland and to address business impacts due to COVID. Linking the latest ideas with timeless business principals, BGAP will show you how to boost your business to the next level. The program is offered at no cost to participants!
Sessions fit your schedule.
BGAP is an eight-week program with online sessions held one evening per week. Each class will have up to 15 participants. The group is kept small to allow for maximum participation. Business owner must apply to the program and be accepted to participate. Preferred candidates are business owners who have a track record. Read a detailed BGAP course curriculum.
BGAP is designed for owners/leaders of businesses with:
- At least two years in business
- Annual revenues of $50,000 up to $2,500,000.
- Businesses that have a minimum of one employee (employee includes the business owner)
- The position and desire to grow
- Business affected by Covid
Upon acceptance into the program, business owners will receive:
- A three-hour, virtual weekly training session for seven weeks
- Access to a network of entrepreneurial peers and professional resources
- Complimentary consultations
- A certificate of completion
Training is free, then we pay YOU!
After attending all sessions, participants receive a $10,000 grant to be used for working capital, paid in two installments. $5,000 will be provided upon completion of the training program, and the remaining $5,000 will be available four months later. To receive the second payment installment, participants must provide a written statement explaining how the grant fund was used and action taken as the result of the training program that have improved business operations. Participants will also be interviewed and required to answer a 5-10 question impact survey.
Participants must attend all training sessions to receive the grant funds.
To graduate from the program and receive the $10,000 grant funding, participants must:
- Attend all training sessions
- Give a final 15–20-minute presentation
- Complete all homework assignments prior to the next week’s class. These assignments are a key part of the program and are designed to assist you approve your business while enabling you to develop the business growth plans.
BGAP training will teach you how to manage your business like an experienced CEO.
- Develop a strategic business growth plan with a long-term vision and strategies
- Grasp of key business operating concepts
- Hands-on, collaborative program promotes sharing of best practices
- Hear from expert speakers who will share insights on the topic of the day.
- Learn skills that can be applied immediately in your business operation.
- Get a step-by-step evaluation of your business operation and markets.
- Acquire tools to build your business, both now and for the future.
Whether you have been in business for ten years or two years, BGAP can align your vision for your business with the steps to get you there. Establish a framework to improve the performance of your business and shape the success of your business for the future.
Weekly sessions cover:
- Introductions, Overview, and Introduction to Cash Flow Projections
- Building a Sustainable Organization’s Infrastructure
- Leading People and Planning for Growth
- Marketing and Selling B2B, B2G, B2C
- Accounting, Human Resources, Legal, Taxes, and Insurance
- Preparing for Capital, Credit, and Essential Documentation
- Final Presentations and Graduation
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
$335,000 in economic development loans are at work in our community.