For companies that are looking to relocate in the DC Metro Area, Charles County offers a number of business cost advantages.
- Compared to the DC Metro average, average office lease rates in the County are nearly 40 percent lower, retail space is nearly 32 percent lower, and industrial space is more than 20 percent lower.
- Charles County's average weekly labor costs employers 31 percent less than Maryland's average and 45 percent less than the DC Metro's average.
- Overall electric costs are lower in Charles County compared to other locations in the region.
- Commercial and industrial natural gas rates are lower in Maryland vs. Washington DC.
- Utility costs are competitive.
- Median real estate taxes are among the lowest in Southern Maryland.
- The cost of living in Charles County is among the lowest in the Washington DC Metro Area. In particular, housing is considerably more affordable.
Views from Charles
Ignite Entrepreneurship: Tips for Success from the College of Southern Marylandís Entrepreneur and Innovation Institute
In our newest blog series, “Ignite Entrepreneurship,” we profile local entrepreneurs to learn more about what “ignited” their success, and also gain insights about being an entrepreneur in Charles County. For the first blog of this series, we sat down with Thomas Luginbill, director of the College of Southern Maryland’s newly-established Entrepreneur and Innovation Institute (EII).
Find A Property
“We are proud to be a key part of Charles County’s future and we heartily encourage other, cutting-edge companies to join us.”
Chief Executive Officer
Competitive Power Ventures
“Charles County’s strategic location in the DC Metro region affords us networking and business opportunities with some of the top names in our industry."
Director of Business Development